Monday, October 08, 2012

Visiting.....

It is okay to visit a person with Alzheimer's - true he or she may not remember you....but they enjoy the company and the attention.

And it helps the caregiver! Trust me!

Sometimes I'm asked what are things that could be given to mom.....she likes little happys. All Alzheimer patients do!

She loves Chapstick and lipstick and it can be the dollar store kind... That's what I buy.

A little stuffed animal.

Lotion

Magazines that you are finished reading.

Sweets. She loves them!

I'm not saying this to make anyone feel guilty. Because I know lives are hectic and everyone is busy. Mom wanted to call members of family. So we did. She said well "I know your voice...but it would be nice to see your face." Please visit those who are sick you don't even need to bring anything . Just your time.

No comments: