Thursday, October 18, 2012

COFFEE CUP MEMORY



I saw this set of cups in my cabinet the other day. I brought these from moms. I have no idea what made my eye wander to the top shelf.



But they triggered a memory of my parents.


My dad always always drank coffee from the same orange tupperware coffee mug. That was his cup. I say always but that is not true. When mom had company or visitors over for cofee she made him drink from these cups - with a saucer! He would say every time "Martha, where is my cup?" She would say and look at him as if he had bumped his head and had amnesia and say, "Charles, these are our coffee cups, we drink coffee from these cups."


He would roll his eyes. I guess my mom thought we were the only folks who drank from tupperware and stoneware mugs. Ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this memory! :)