Saturday, October 13, 2012

Charles Stanley Quote

"What you may not realize is that prayer is all about love."

Scripture ref 1 John 4:8

4 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

Have you ever had the opportunity to hear Dr. Stanley in person? He is amazing. I found out that he pastored a CHurch in my little hometown of Bartow, FL so many years ago! What a small world! He is something, isn't he? He always manages to say what we need to hear. Thanks for posting on the blog!

B.R.M said...

I have never met him. But I sure have learned a lot by listening, watching and reading anything by him. One of my favorites is Facing Adversity. I read it through a hard tone in my life it is worn and pages are loose.

He is so wise, yet so practical.

B.R.M said...

And I haven't heard him in person. I bet it would be awesome.

A Candle to Read By said...

I haven't read that book, but I think hubby has. Yes, you said it, he is so wise but so practical and he can teach us on our level. When we moved to GA from TN, we visited First Atlanta a few times to hear him. He is so good and so humble. I hope you get to hear him one day.