Saying goodbye to a friendship......
It happens, we don't want to say it, but we do.
My heart hurts right now.
Being a single mom is hard. Their dad does not live close by at all. So I am it. I do all the dropping off, the picking up, etc, etc. Doctor's appointments, shopping, chaperon one thing or the other, school projects, ball games, ball practice, etc. Plus I have my mother and my job. There very rarely is free time. My time frees up around 11:00 each night - and hopefully I will be sleeping around 1:00 a.m. (here lately, I am not sleeping)
I have lost a friend. A guy friend. He is single, never been married and no children. He is a good guy. He likes to do things, go out, etc. He is very fun to go out with, he will always make you laugh.
However, he does not understand all the "mom" stuff. I am not available to do a whole lot, because of all the "mom" stuff. He has lost patience and I have lost a friend. My kids come first. Their needs come first- right after God - they are first. (and I am sure I mess up more times than not, I put them even before God) And trust me, the older they get, they need more than they did when they were babies. I hate that he does not understand
I know I am not the best or the easiest person to be friends with - but I am a good friend. I love my friends.
I am hurt more than I can say. My heart is shattered. I am crying. Heck - I am not in the mood to cry.
I have this calendar on my desk - it gives you a scripture and thought for each day. It is about friendship. And it has on one of the pages, ".....God gives you friends for certain times and points in your life, they may be there to stay, or they will move on....."
The moving on is the hard part.
I don't know, maybe this answers one of my questions in regard to friendships between men and women...
Maybe single moms and single guys - no kids - cannot be friends. The differences are too great.
3 comments:
Your kids always come first. You are right. One day he will understand and feel bad about his actions. He is being selfish and mean!
wow TN Becky...you touch me! As a single mom myself, I can relate to that so much. It's so hard. But it's true: God puts people in your life, for a season, a reason, or a lifetime. Unfortunately, we often want someone for a lifetime who is only meant for a season or a specific reason (that usually only God knows). But one thing is sure: Your kids are there for a lifetime, so you are making the right choice!!!!
And you'll find that man who is meant to be there for a lifetime for you AND your kids. But yeah, he just might be toting some of his own ;-)
Thanks for the support my friends!
Post a Comment