I was there when they were born. I am 100% they are mine, after all, they have features that resemble a few of mine. How can two kids be so like their mom, yet so different?
When will kids realize from the moment a woman becomes pregnant - she never sleeps sound, develops super sonic hearing, a strong sense of smell, and instinctively know when an untruth passes through those precious lips?
I choose my battles. I call them on things I consider important. To me being clean and neat is important. To Tori and Sam - it is not important to them. And they lived with both mom and I - mom is the queen of clean!
And then there are the times I just end up laughing when I probably should be tough.
This morning - I heard Sam "trying to be quiet" - what the heck ever. Thankful for modern technology so I did not have to get up from my warm bed - unless someone was bleeding or doing something illegal - I sent him a text -"what are you doing?" Sam - "Going to Ryan's - we are going to the army surplus store." Me "Well, wash up, brush your teeth, and let the dogs out." No response...soooooo I have to get out of the comfort of my bed - he has just put the dogs out and starts to wash up (he still seems to have this allergy to soap and water - at what point he will be cured - I have no idea),and then I tell him to make his bed, clean up his room, put dirty laundry and dishes (he made himself a milkshake for breakfast) in the appropriate places.... his response to me? "Why did you have to wake up? I was planning on leaving all this for you?" I wanted to remind him of my supersonic hearing and the fact that I am a light sleeper - buy why give away my secrets?
When it rains, Tori's car is generous enough to allow the rain to come in from some mysterious place. Bless her heart, she has had a few times she has needed to soak up water. It has rained a lot, Thursday night, I was a concerned, caring mom (ha!) so, Steve and I arranged our vehicles so she could park her car in the garage after she got home so it would not get soaked in the rain that was coming that night. (wasn't that sweet of me?) Well, she forgets! Yesterday it is still raining - so before I go into work, I decide to move her car into the garage(again, wasn't that sweet of me?)- I find tons of laundry in the backseat...and out of curiosity, I look in the trunk, more laundry. (how she has had anything to wear is beyond me.) I won't even mention all the other junk her car - I am sure the health department would quarantine it. Ugh ugh ugh. I told her about it - she said "Mom I am going into law enforcement - I don't know too many organized cops." (now that's reassuring)
So, my dear Tori and Sam - I love you - I a proud of you - but can you allow the clean gene to enter into your body through you ear or another opening. For me? bahahahahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment