My life...the reality TV show.
The keys we use to lock our security doors and our thermostat DISAPPEARED yesterday. I was on a mad search looking for them. Sure, we have backups to the front and back door - but not to the thermostat and I was cold!
No one had seen the keys - no one! (you know what that means? - no one was locking the doors - with escape artist mom around!) Hmmph.
I called Melecia, just in case - she said she had last seen them when she locked up. But to make me feel better, she humored me and checked her purse and pockets.
Sam was at a friends- he said he didn't have them - I told him to check all his pockets - I went through his stuff he left in the FLOOR here. Hmmph! No luck.
Tori had to work the night shift - but I needed to know where those keys were - so me being the sweet mom - I woke her up to see if she had the keys - no luck. (She wasn't too happy with me - oh well!)
Steve had beat me home - he didn't have them.
That left one person. The queen of hiding things in weird places. The one person who could not remember where she had seen or where she had put the keys. I start with her purse - Lord Help Me - we played the game - let's clean out your purse - no luck. I check her pockets - found a spoon, chap stick, and tons of Kleenex, no keys. I look in every drawer, in her pillows, in her socks (one place she is notorious for hiding things..if you need a light bulb - check her sock drawer - bet you may find one), I check every pocket of every pair of pants. No luck. I was about to go insane.
After I search her room and am satisfied I looked in every spot, I get her in bed, and start my search over again. Of course the search forces me to clean up a few things. The insanity level is increasing - at this point - I am no longer cold - I am all hot and flustered - I straighten the couch cushions - BINGO! I find the keys wrapped in Kleenex underneath. I was so happy. Then all of a sudden I was cold again.
ha ha ha
I bet my Friday night was more exciting than yours.
bahahahahaha
3 comments:
When we get to heaven, we can ask the Lord and Creator of all of us why this particular disease has this particular symptom. I am in no way being flippant or disrespectful--it is a real mystery! Glad you found them. Is it raining cats and dogs up there, too?
It's raining. Geesh! I was forced to give muddy dogs a bath last night.
You are right I want to know why this disease is here. I guess many others have similar questions.
Most of the time I think about these types of questions, then say, "nah, when we're with Him, these things won't matter" but there are some things I want to know for sure!
Post a Comment