Time with my daughter.
About a week ago, my daughter asked for a day or night out, just the two of us. A request that is fewer and far between.
Now if you are a single parent (or even a two parent home) of more than one child, you would know how hard this can be to arrange - but I try to do it every now and then. And thanks to my friend, D.C., her daughter and our church fall festival, I was able to do it. I asked D.C. if my son could go with her to the fall festival and she said sure! Thanks my friend!
My daughter and I talked, sang to the radio together and had a nice meal. She was able to share with me-without competition- what was going on at school, church and with friends. We windowed shopped at a few stores - I was able to get some ideas for her birthday and Christmas. One store was Barnes and Noble - my favorite store-I am so addicted-I just love the atmosphere! She fell in love with it too. We enjoyed looking at every section - it was so much fun.
Now, I know some would say, I should have gone and worked at the fall festival that was held tonight, and part of me would probably have agreed this morning. But after getting home tonight, I realized that I have a ministry right here at home - my two children-who need me. And I need them. They both are funny, confident, well behaved (with others) :), and they know I am here for them. I know there will be days where they "hate" me and days where I am frustrated to the point of giving up - but I also know they are truly gifts from God, and today I enjoyed the gift more than ever.
(and for the record, my son is one cute pirate-he hates to hear the word cute associated with him - pirates are not cute I am told)
No comments:
Post a Comment