Just things to do and "fix"..
My dad was one of those men, who could fix anything. And if he couldn't (which was rare) he found out how. He always used a level to hang pictures, pencils to mark where screws and nails should go, carpenter glue and duct tape was a good temporary fix, and he always used a tape measure to buy and install appliances. (I really do miss him)
I consider myself relatively intelligent, I can figure out most things and I am not afraid of hard work. But I don't know how to change a heating element in an oven..And guess what? Our heating element needs replacing. (on the upside of this - I was able to tell my daughter who I am pretty sure volunteered me to make cupcakes for a school party - that I couldn't do it-oh darn!)
We need trim replaced in our bathroom - I am not a carpenter - sorry-just not me.
I detest yard work - I make no secret of it. I will putter around in a flower bed - but you won't find me on the cover of a gardening magazine. We need trees trimmed - we don't even have a saw.
Oil changes-thank goodness for Walmart and other places. Whew! I can check my oil, add oil, but not change it. Same goes for all the other fluids.
Flat tires - I am getting better. I still need to learn how to check it with the gauge thing. I am terrified of blowing up a tire when I fill it up with air. Is that a weird fear or what?
I am okay on filters for heaters and such - but not fuses.
I can put a Batman house together. And a Barbie jet. The Ninja Turtle house threw me. But watch me on any Hot Wheels toy - just call me mom of the year!
My son's bike needs it's chain replaced or repaired. I can't do it.
My point to all of this....finally right? This is a downside of being single. When there are two people-you have someone who can and will do the things you can't or don't want to do. (what a sentence!) Or if neither one of you are able to do the job - maybe you have the money to hire someone to do it!
It's raining today..I am feeling lonely and blue..and I still need our element replaced in the oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment