Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Thoughts..
$5,000. You know the game McDonald’s has going on right now? Well, my daughter insisted I pick up a game board today – we had several pieces. She started pasting them to the board. She hollered out, “Mom we won, we won, we won!!”I looked-and thought we sure did-we started hugging, screaming, and all of us were so excited! We just couldn’t believe it.

Then I decided to check…yes, she had three red playing pieces, but two of them were the same! What a let down! For about 1 minute we thought we had $5,000-then it was gone! How cruel was that?

We have laughed and laughed over that.

I told them, I should have known…..but at least we each possess a sense of humor.

I am still laughing…

A A A B A
A A A B B C

Grades on two report cards! I am so proud of my kids.

Good job guys! You are too smart. I love you so much.

Love,

Momma




TIMING

I really don’t understand timing. I know God has a plan for everyone and everything. And I know it all falls into place in His time.

But what about those times you know a friend is in the wrong time and place? Or if not the wrong time and place, the present is painful for all involved? Yet, you are where you should be. But circumstances put this person in a place where she/he can’t and shouldn’t turn back and give up? And you can do nothing, but be there for your friend.

What about those times you just need someone to say…”shh..it’s okay.” And you get a hug and immediately feel better.

Why when you are hurting and lonely, the timing is always off, or seems to be?

Do we or should I say, do I appreciate God’s timing when we narrowly miss being in a car accident? Appreciate God’s timing when our child is not hurt in the ballgame? And in all other situations, do we really appreciate God’s timing?

Is God teaching us patience? Perseverance? Stamina? A lesson in faith and trust?



MY FRIENDS

I know I have mentioned my friends previously. But yesterday I was blessed to spend time with three of them.

One I had not seen in over two years and it was like a breath of fresh air and a shot of sunshine at the same time. Not realizing it was what I have missed and needed for a long time. A memory I will cherish.

I also attended a women’s conference at church, so I was already with some terrific people. But my friends were there. S.D, C.W, and I went out afterwards for a bite to eat and we talked, shared, laughed and had a good time. S.D. is facing some health issues, but I know God is faithful and she will be okay. She is one of sweetest and nicest people I know. A true lady. C.W. is a single mom like me, but she is so funny and so strong. Also, a true lady. There I am - the neurotic, obsessive one in the group, but somehow we fit. Hanging out with them last night, was like an unexpected gift, and it ended up being one of my favorite all time gifts. Another memory I will cherish.

I love you all --my friends.

B.

No comments: