Thursday, October 26, 2006

HEARTBREAK

How do you handle heartbreak? It happens in many forms. Happens when you see someone you love hurting. Happens when there is a disaster. Happens when someone says something to you that hurts your feelings. Happens when you have an argument. And it definitely happens at the end of a relationship - no matter how it ends - you hurt. Happens when it is time to let go - but you just want to keep hanging on. But what about unintentional heartbreak? How do you handle it? It is nobody's fault. It just happens. And you ache to the point where tears are the only relief.

I am sure we break God's heart everyday intentional and unintentional and He never gives up on us. He continues to love us.

I know we should follow His example - it is hard. You just want to give up. You are tired and discouraged.

I am also thankful for heartbreak-though at the time I don't act like it. It teaches me. I am more sensitive to different situations, closer to friends, and in some cases wiser than before.

I often ask others to pray for me. Pray for God to guard and protect my heart. But I am guilty of not praying for myself. But I pray now.

No comments: