I feel like an absolute failure. Obviously, I didn't win the contest. Oh well. I can't even win that! I feel ugly. God has a plan. Something far bigger than what I can imagine.
And last night I had an inner battle with myself if I could continue this caregiver business! Just praying for renewed rest, energy and knowledge as we progress.This has been a tough week with mom. All of a sudden she does not, and I mean does not want to go into the bathroom (unless of course we enter any type of store - then she needs to go) - it has been a quandary for sure. She argues all the time with me! Whew! Last night I made her sit in the bathroom - I sat on the floor holding her hand - listening to Focus on the Family (now isn't that a lovely image in your head?) - finally success! And she had to feel better! But had to clean her up, yep even me, then the bathroom, etc. I should own stock in Clorox and Lysol. Before the cleaning of me and the bathroom - I gave the dog baths - why not? Get it over with.
We had tons of trick-r-treaters - all week we had heard rain, tornadoes, etc.... - and then it was gone - they started trickling by around 6:00 (the cute little ones) - ending with the heathern's (Sam's age) at 8:30 - we ran out of candy by 7:30. At 8:30 the doorbell rang - three cute pretty girls - Sam's age - he said "I got it" and he compensated for lack of candy by giving the girls snack cakes! bahahahahahahaha. I kid not - we had two transvestites. And then my two favorites - Arnold Horseshack (hey mr. kottttteerrrrrr trick r treat - kid had to be about 8 - sooooo cute!) and a MIB agent - so cool the way SHE did it. Played the part perfectly. A lot of Iron Man's out there!
My nephew had a decent week - after a bumpy Saturday. (he fainted - they took him to ER - he received some fluids and he felt better) This is the week after Chemo - he will have next week off - then back at it again for chemo the following week.
My friend Nancy - will have a double mastectomy on November 20. Please be in prayer. This was a tough call for her - her mother passed away of breast cancer - though they have caught it early - she doesn't want to risk going through this again - she is very strong.
I was so lazy last weekend - and I can assure you - it won't happen this weekend - I am getting stuff done. I was having a pity party I guess - then I was mad at myself Sunday night and was running around like a chicken with head cut off.
I did manage to cook every night this week - which is good! I have slowed down on breakfast every day - just because I have so much to do in the mornings.
I am hoping we can attend church this weekend - we have a choir concert Sunday night - and would love to attend Sunday Morning.
I appreciate your prayers. I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment