Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mom and Eating

Mom has surprised all during this time of taking care of her - she has always had a strong, healthy appetite.  Loves to eat. 

Here lately - as mentioned in the below post - we have seen a decrease.  Not on my watch - she won't go down that way - if just by sheer will.

We normally have her eat on the couch with  a TV tray.  Comfortable , chairs don't slide, etc.  Well tonight, I set the table just so, carefully sat her down - ate with her - and she ate two helpings of everything - she loved her broccoli!  I cooked chicken strips too.  Plus salad, potatoes, and corn.   (Feel free to call me Betty Crocker - because this is NCIS night - and I normally do quick and easy!)
But if this helps her to eat and stay stronger physically - then it is well worth it. 

Please pray she continues to eat and stays physically strong.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Betty, I have seen the benefits of home cooking. Many years ago, a man in our Church family had lots of health issues (but nothing that attacked his thinking or appetite). As long as he was home with his wife's cooking, he was ok. As soon as he had to go to a facility (she was feeble as well and could not care for him), his appetite diminished and soon he was gone. I will always believe it was her vegetables and bread and tea--the things that fed his stomach and really his sense of home. Keep her eating!