Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Love - Hate Relationship with Alzheimer's Disease

 Cheese!
 Happy Face!
 She is being silly!

Mom passed out last night - I think she mopped for three hours!


I love mom - I hate Alzheimer's.

No other way to put it.  It takes a lot in a day....an hour to take care of her.  There are times I have to check my resentment - I know this a season - God provides.

We are having to buy Depends for night time.  And I think I am going to need to add Boost or Ensure - that is added expense.  Does that sound selfish?  I guess it does.  Her appetite has not been that great the past couple of weeks.  Doctor added a Vitamin D pill once a week - and I put her back on a multi vitamin - I took her off of it - when she was on so much medicine.  It is a huge pill - so we are cutting it in half and giving it to her twice a day.  Our medicine plan was working - I pray this doesn't disrupt it.

And bless her heart - I tasted Milk of Magnesia - ugh - I bought the tablets.  Pray they are effective.

Alzheimer's it touches everyone in the family.  Geesh. 



No comments: