When I started my....you know.....monthly cycle
Ugh.
Yuck.
Another moment that shaped me.
Another moment between mother and daughter that should be special, tender, a Hallmark commercial.
Again, I say, far be it for us to do anything normal.
I was in 9th grade when it finally happened - I was beginning to wonder if it would ever would (now I want it to stop-but that's another blog).
And those of you who have known me since high school, or know the layout of our town, picture the store by the post office and drug store-the one that has since moved and changed ownership.
I started my period in school - close to the end of day. So she takes me to the little grocery store -where several boys from school work. She buys me a HUGE bag of generic pads - the bag was yellow and had huge black letters on it. I wanted to stay in the car- she would not have it- I had to go in. I had to go through the check out line with her, a gallon of milk, coffee, and this huge value size yellow bag of pads. And a boy from school checked us out.
I used to think I was being overly dramatic - but it was horrible.
Again, I have yet to recover.
No comments:
Post a Comment