HOMEWORK.
Yes I know I have written about homework on numerous occasions. But from August to May of every year - I have to go through this.
10 minute assignment for my son turns into 3 hours.
My daughter is the only who doesn't have homework - until she remembers at 9:30 she has a test the next day.
Pencils disappear around our house. At the start of the year - they stand in the pencil cup, bright yellow, points sharpened, ready to go. Three weeks later - they can be found in GI Joe's tank - taking the place of lost ammo. Or they can be found by the blow dryer. Or by the cat food. Or in the yard - where it was used as a pick-to plant an apple seed.
And since we are on the subject of school, read what I have done and learned so far this school year.
I have now studied the continents, the oceans, scientific method, helped with two projects for my daughter, packed lunches, scraped up money for book order, scraped up money for lunch and snacks, found lost shoes, gave up on the "jammed" zipper on a back pack. We have a lot of "single" socks - waiting for their mate. This year I was smart - for my son all his socks are the same -so hopefully we won't have a hard time matching up socks - can't say the same for my daughter. Can't figure out why both of my kids had three shirts in the wash the other night for only one day of school. My son still doesn't understand why soap and toothpaste are necessary. My daughter thinks I am totally mean - because I don't just give out money for ball games and such. (really what kind of mother am I? I'll tell you! A broke one!) I picked Fruit Loops from every corner of the house this morning - I don't even want to know.
And to think the above started with me talking about homework.
I don't need homework, I need therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment