SHOPPING WITH A TEENAGE GIRL...
It is a land few venture in, only the brave and strong of heart survive.
You could see the survivors everywhere, mothers like me, ready to pull their hair out, or pull their daughter's hair out. The girls rolling their eyes, not quite understanding why we refuse to pay $20 for 3 pair of socks or $40 for a belt (something in me just refuses to pay more for the belt than I did for the pants)
I went shopping with my daughter Friday night.
(My son went along for added fun)
We may have bruises and scars but we survived.
My son said he will never be that much trouble shopping - and I don't have to worry about him shopping at the mall-because he said it is too much trouble and no fun at all. (It took him 15 minutes to pick out a backpack, shoes, socks and a shirt-all of it BROWN - his color of choice this year - he will look like a "critter" all year) I will remind him of this when he was in high school - because from what I saw boys shop in these same stores with the too loud music and counter help the same age as my own kids.
When will I learn? I should just give her the $ and let her go - but no, I have to like care about how it looks and such.
What am I?
Oh, I know, a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment