Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Obvious Touch of God's Hand

Last night on my way home from work, the grocery store and picking up my daughter- we were almost hit by another car.

This car, driven by a kid- with 2 passengers, pulled out in front of me - they were going so fast. Realizing what was about to happen, the driver straightened but did not slow down-ended up on the wrong side of the road-, and almost hit us head on. I swerved to miss, and thankfully we did and all was okay. We didn't hit anything. The kids raced away. Not stopping to check to see if we were okay.

I keep thinking about the what ifs. What if I had been driving faster? (I am accused of driving too slow by a couple of friends), what if I had not slowed down at that particular turn near the soccer fields? What if I had not been paying attention? What if I had been on the phone? What if...what if...what if....

I was scared, upset and then mad. Feeling these things all at once and then individually as it sunk in.

Now I am relieved and I realize the touch of God's hand. He protected us. God is good.

No comments: