Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This is my last chance......

On the way home from dinner Saturday night with D.C.- my son made us both laugh with the following.

"Momma, this is your last chance, your last opportunity for me to be happy about this. And I am serious, your very last chance."

I was curious..."I said, my last chance for what?"

His reply "For you to get married. And I mean it. You need to hurry up."

"But son, I am not even dating anyone - much less plan on marrying someone."

"I know momma, but you got to get moving...how long does it take?!"

"But son, (trying to get the subject off of me - am I good friend or what?) what about
Ms. D.C. - don't you want her to get meet someone and get married too?"

"That's her daughter's situation - not mine!"

Is he funny or what? Needless to say D.C. and I laughed so hard.

____________________________________________________


Last night on the way home from soccer (yes it has begun) he brought it up again.

"Momma, I really want you to meet someone?"

For the record I have no idea what gave him the idea to talk about this...he normally is very possessive of me. And I don't discuss things like this with him - he is 9 for goodness sake! And he has figured out that EHarmony is not a store..but a web-site.

"You need to go to EHarmony - they have a profile system. We can post your picture. One that shows your eyes. But not one of you in your pajamas - that won't work."

1 comment:

New Fool said...

It is funny. But, it sounds like he really does mean it. I wouldn't discount it. You've got a strong supporter in him. He may not have the life experience to know about what's involved in dating and marriage--but adults sometimes make things seem more complicated in their minds than they really are.

I know where he's coming from with some of the stuff he says to you. It might have something to do with that I also grew up with a single mother and a sister.

I wish I had somebody to tell me to "get moving." A little prodding could do me good.