When did we become our mothers?
Now there is a question that will have women everywhere squirming.
I am sure some will say, "I want to be like my mother." And that is so good. But some of us have to be honest, yes we love our mothers, but... and that my dear friends is a huge BUT....
But do we really want to turn into our mothers? All of this came to mind today when I went to lunch with my friend S.D. We were talking about our health! Now when did that happen? When did it evolve from dates, friends, kids, husbands, ex husbands, jobs...to aches, pains, indigestion and blood pressure?
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO this cannot happen. My mother checks her blood pressure about 3-4 times a day. I know more about her bodily functions than I want to - and trust me it is not because I want to - she just tells me between commercials for American Idol or when I am eating Rice Krispies. And trust me when I say this - it ranks up there with thinking about your parents having sex. EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Is it inevitable? Does it come with age?
I am not ready for this...I am only 37......eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww help!
No comments:
Post a Comment