Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Presidents, Pat Robertson and Publishers Clearing House.

Yes I know it is a weird way to begin a blog.

I have been watching President Ford's funeral services. It has to be lonely to be President. As I was watching the service held in Washington-I thought of the four living Presidents: Carter, Clinton and the two Bush men. Divided by parties and ideas. But they are 4 of only 43 men who have led our country. I am by my beliefs and thoughts not a Democrat-I am a Republican-but I do not vote straight Republican in every election - you vote for the man and the issues - not the party, yes I have disagreed with decisions our Presidents have made, but you have to respect the office no matter what party you belong. I admire all of them for different reasons, with the elder Bush being one of my favorites, maybe because he was the first man I ever voted for President. His wife I consider one of my hero's. The current President Bush-I feel for because he is taking such a beating - I like him-do I agree with him on everything? No, but I like him. You know where he stands - he doesn't candy coat his thoughts and feelings. Is he perfect? No, but no one is. No matter what you think or feel about any of these men, as I was watching them, I realized they love this great country we live in - you could see it in their eyes. And there is this kinship they share - knowing they all have dealt with the pressure and loneliness. But I also feel like none of them would trade it for anything.

Pat Robertson. Hmm. I am a Christian. Raised in Church, I actively attend and serve. He needs to hush. (I don't mean to be disrespectful) I hope and pray that his "predictions" draw people closer to Jesus. But I fear it will do the opposite - push people away from God and the church.

Publishers Clearing House. Good grief. My mother is at it again. A few years ago she was so into Publisher's Clearing House - buying and ordering stuff. My sisters and I finally got it all stopped, now she is all ready to enter again. And she wants me to enter for her...ONLINE! She is determined she will win.

These are my thoughts.

No comments: