Thursday, January 18, 2007

Beauty pageants.....

I have mixed feeling about beauty pageants...excuse me....Scholarship programs.

My daughter is wanting to participate in a local pageant. Dress, shoes, outfits the works.

I told her we would do it. I found two dresses for her the other day - they need some size adjustments, but hopefully a lady at church can look at them and we will see if she can help us.
They are brand new dresses-tags and all still on them-extra sequins, etc - but I got them for $10 each! I was so excited. We need shoes. I need these dresses to work - just for the financial reasons-which I am still trying to figure out.

She is so excited about the prospect of participating - I know she will do well - especially in the interview portion -she does well with public speaking.

Beauty pageants....now it is obvious we live in the south!

(I am pretty sure you won't be hearing about her on the news involved in some controversy-sorry Donald and Rosie!)

Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start collecting bail money to bail you out when you start killing the cheerleading competition in a few years!

B.R.M said...

Valid point...However in the meantime stock up on chocolate and cigarettes so I can buy my protection in prison.