A common occurrence with alzheimer patients ..... With mom!
Look up Alzheimer Reading Room! I love this sight.
Today they talked about sundowning. At our house it starts around 4:30 and will last until about 7:00 every night!
Mom gets super agitated and grouchy. She wanders and paces. I get home at 5:00. But today I learned a few new tips,....
I opened all the blinds to let sunshine in. And I gave mom a task. She dusted. Every room. Using a feather duster. This accomplished a couple of things she walked around room to room satisfying her need to check things out safely! But it helped her feel useful and needed. She is needed!
Not to mention the house is dusted!! Ha ha!
We ate a good dinner. With her critique of what I did and didn't do!
Seriously google Alzheimer Reading Room... it has become a lifeline for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment