Friday, July 20, 2012

A piece of marriage advice.....

I can be, have been, and will probably be called a NAG.

I grew up differently from Steve. Not to mention when we  came into marriage - both of us were scarred from previous marriages. 

I firmly believe you get out of bed in the morning and get moving - no laying around. That is how I was raised.  You don't dilly dally.  You get your stuff done. And there is always something to be done.  Now admittedly I have learned to relax more and not stress about a little dust, etc. 

We were painting a room - Steve said he was going to do it.  We moved all furniture out, etc.  Leaving house in disarray - I don't do disarray.  It drives me insane.  He has been off this week -and it was killing me for him not to be painting yesterday when I was work! 

I get home, no painting done.  I hold my tongue - I refuse to nag!  But mind sure was!

But last night - after dinner - he starts painting and paints until about 2:00. 

The lesson is - be patient, be flexible and don't nag!  It will get done, maybe not how you (I) like it - but it will.

I so appreciate the freshly painted room!

No comments: