Tuesday, July 03, 2012

CREATING MEMORIES

I am sure I have written it before - but 4th of July or Indenpence Day is like Christmas to Sam. To say that he is one of the most patriotice 14 year olds would be an understatement. He loves our country and totally respects those who have fought and served. And he literally tears up at the playing of our National Anthem.

Being Sam he loves loves loves fireworks.

We checked to see if there was a burn ban in our area and there is not (doesn't matter I'll be out there with water hose anyway - already told Sam we would saturate ground...

So we buy Sam some fireworks - he is so excited. He has it all planned out. This is where the redneck comes out in my son!

I stressed about the $ spent - especially when it has been tighter than tight - but as I was laynig in bed last night - I thought we are creating memories. And that is worth so much!

No comments: