Monday, July 02, 2012

Learning to bend .... To be flexible in marriage!

I grew up where every meal was eaten at the table. I knew no different. Tori and Sam didn't either.

Keeping in mind Steve and I have been married four years.....,

He sometimes likes to eat alone in our room watching TV. I have to be honest this used to absolutely drive me insane. Everyone would be scattered. I hated it! Not fond of it now.

Now I compromise- especially since mom is with us. So now I push to eat at the table hopefully three times a week. I now know that Steve uses that time to "destress" from his day - he needs this time. I'm not saying I like it or recommend it. But I do know I don't need to nag or harp on it.

In addition to sharing mom stories and things I learn along the way. I'm going to start sharing marriage stories. I'm no expert or counselor, every day is a learning experience. I think it will be more for my benefit than any - holding me more accountable. I do know I won't get too personal... Just going to share my thoughts.

No comments: