Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sam at the doctor.......

Sam had to be checked out of school on Monday - sick.  Sooooooo we went to Fast Pace Urgent Care in Covington, (awesome by the way) after I got off work. 

Mom had to go with us.  Let the adventure begin!

It was peak sundowning time - and boy did mom let her presence be known in the doctor's office - she was like a kid.  She wanted water (I brought water bottles---but she wanted to go outside!) She wanted Chapstick - had that one covered - she wanted to look at books - covered - had to go potty - hmmmmm - she would not use their potty - so she let me and everyone else know that she had to go.

We finally get to a room - Sam is feeling terrible at this point.  But look at these pics - you tell me who looks more miserable?  I call it a tie.  (I am not pictured - but I was stressed - and could be pictured here)


 
 
 
Sam's diagnosis - red throat, fever and sinus infection - he was probably one day away from strep.  He felt tough.
 
We leave the office - or try to.  Mom becomes a statue.  She won't budge - she thinks the ground is a hole..... Sam bless his heart - picks her up cradle style - and places her in the car...she was only worried about her HAIR.  She was stiff as a board. Took us forever, it seemed, to get her limp enough to buckle her up. 
 
We have to wait for prescriptions that were called in - we go to Wendy's - I pick up through drive - thru - I just get mom, Sam and Steve something - I wasn't in the mood.  Mom takes her nuggets and fries bite by bite - whew! 
 
 
We go to Walmart and they show us having no insurance - so we have to get that straight (mom and Sam were in the car) - that was another 30 minutes..... ugh.
 
We finally get home - mom was so tired she was literally like a drunk - just had to pour her into bed.
 
Geesh - this on top of the BOOST story - it deserves a post of it's own.
 
Sam stayed home today - he is taking medicine and is feeling a little better. 
 
I just wish I had help yesterday - but did not - but we made it - I can laugh today - but last night - I could cry.  Thankful for doctors.....thankful for laughter!
 
 
 


No comments: