Sunday, January 19, 2014
Alzheimer's Wrestling Match
Today has been a day. I am a wreck. I am crying now as I type. Wondering how much longer I can do this, knowing full well, mom is staying here.
I have been hit, punched, kicked, spit on, hair pulled - you name it. Mom has been going strong since early this morning - except for a brief nap between breakfast and lunch. Bath time was horrible - but it needed to be done - we didn't take one yesterday.
We were considering selling mom's house - but we can't because we cannot show any income - or we would lose her care. Never mind the fact that mom has a reverse mortgage on it - and the profit would be minimal - we consulted with two men from church after talking to human services and they said it wasn't worth the risk of losing her care. This is a government rule. Oh, they...or human services said - we could sell it - but it we would have to immediately spend the money on her. There was no explaining ruined carpet, or blinds that have been replaced twice, broken teeth, lost work time and stress - the woman could have cared less, I heard it in her voice. You would have thought we were going to make a million dollars. Hmmmmmppppphhhh.
Mom is still restless, but I am unsure of what medicine to give her - because she spit some it out - I am waiting just a bit more and take a chance.
I ask for prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment