Sunday, January 05, 2014

Radomness...

I'm cheating again - copying from Facebook.

From today:

I just did our regular grocery shopping today - to be honest I wasn't even thinking about the weather - I kid not - milk and bread down to bare minimum - and even funnier - almost out of potato chips - more specifically tortilla chips for a casserole. Too funny.

Mom is all over the house...walking and such. However she says her leg is broken.

Ha!


From yesterday:

Okay - a day with an Alzhiemer's patient outside the safety and sanity of the four walls of our home.

She woke up in a great mood - ate a good breakfast.

Getting mom was easy thanks to Mary Scruggs, she was here and kept mom busy so I could get cleaned up, then she was able to help me get mom in the car without mom arguing or fussing.

We leave, pick up Nancy L. Brister Slone and head to New ...Image - mom's gets her hair done - we take her potty - she doesn't need to go. We get in the car and she says she has to go to the bathroom and is hungry - mind you this is no where near any business. We arrive at Colton's - go potty, the hand washing was an experience....we get to table, order food, mom immediately starts cleaning table and the peanuts are worrying her to death - she is wanting to sweep. Eating lunch was like eating with, two sets of twins...but she did eat! The food and time with Nancy was great.

We leave Coltons - head to Kohl's - mom doesn't want to get out of car - she holds onto car for dear life - we get her in the wheelchair - and I kid not - as we enter Kohl's mom is yelling "Help, help...." I get on her level and sshhhhhh her. She quiets down. We get our shopping done - and head home. (by the way - I treated myself to a few things)

Thanks to her medicine I give her - she calms down and the car ride is quiet - we take Nancy home - and mom says she has to go potty - so I stop at Fast Times - we get out of the car - walk in - and she changes her mind - after we get in the bathroom. I buy some gas....as we attempt to walk outside - mom freezes - she refuses to leave - won't budge - she tells a guy who is very kindly holding the door - that "this girl is trying to kidnap me...." he doesn't miss a beat and says "I see why..." we get to the car and arrive home - she again doesn't want to get out of the car.

We have made it inside - and she has rearranged a few things - just slipped and fell, not hard, moving a chair.

I think it is safe to say - our big shopping times are over....it will just be Dollar General for us. She does need to get out and do things and see other people.

I can't worry about how she acts - she cannot help it. I must concentrate on my reaction. Hard to remember when you are being accused of kidnapping. Lol. Or when she is mean mom. But reaction is key. My attitude is key.

All being said, I enjoyed seeing Nancy and spending time with her. She had a rough six weeks - but has handled everything with grace.
 
What a day yesterday was!

No comments: