Friday, August 16, 2013

Hmmph!

Well, Sam and I watched the Sixth Sense tonight and we did his report together. 

We mentioned none of it was Biblical despite the religious symbols throughout the movie.

I emailed the teacher tonight questioning the purpose of such a thing. What if I had objected to him watching because of content? What would have happened? 

Now I will help him memorize JFK speech or portion of...same class.?English. I'm trying to figure out the overall goal...she's all over the place with assignments. 

2 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

One day in an email I will tell you my experience with some school teachers at a book store. Many have the mentality that whatever the children will read is worthy just because they want to read it. That is a dangerous mindset on many levels.

B.R.M said...

I agree! We never read or watched Harry Potter.

Tori, Sam and I would take turns reading Moby Dick, Tom Sawyer and others. We would each read a page.

The whole tone we were watching the movie Sam would say...close your eyes mom.

I'm proud to say he is enjoyed reading Bush 43's book and will choose history channel over trash! By nature he is not a reader... so I'm glad he likes to read history.