I took her to get her hair cut - that was a fight in itself - but had to be done - once we are actually inside the door - she is fine - it is just the getting there that is the chore....
Here she is getting her hair washed - please note the purse and the sweater (it was like 90 degrees out!)
And here is the final cut - looks good - we went shorter and more tapered - just because it is easier for ummmm....ME!
She provided comic relief at the salon yesterday
After mom's haircut, we went to Walmart to grocery shop. It is always a challenge to take her shopping...she turns into Meryl Streep...Oscar worthy performances. She moans and says she is sooooo weak (never mind the walks all day and can climb a fence), then she's starving, and adds to the cart.
When I was TRYING to find meat ... she went up to a man and told him I had kidnapped her. Oh brother! (Meat was too picked over! Hmmph) And I am going to have a grocery store run to another store to buy some meat.
After more moaning, complaints, etc - and a craving for a Route 44 Dr. Pepper to calm nerves - we checked out.
And then.....we arrive home...nerves somewhat calmer.
Call me graceful...unpacking groceries, I slip on a wet spot..slide across floor, hit cabinet in utility room, a glass bowl falls off shelf, praise The Lord, didn't break. Mom sees it happen, she runs (found her strength from shopping trip)... out the door yelling "Imogene help." Imogene is really my sister, Judy, and I know her she wouldn't have helped -she would have laughed.
I was going to try to mow. It has waited this long a couple more days won't hurt.
And then.....
Sam is a such a teenager! Battle of wills between us last night - but I could not tolerate total disrespect and a smart tongue. Like his sister did many times before - he was grounded for the night ( I do one day at a time unless the "crime" is severe) and he had to copy Psalm 119. I am happy to tell you he survived his punishment.
I was going to try to mow. It has waited this long a couple more days won't hurt.
And then.....
Sam is a such a teenager! Battle of wills between us last night - but I could not tolerate total disrespect and a smart tongue. Like his sister did many times before - he was grounded for the night ( I do one day at a time unless the "crime" is severe) and he had to copy Psalm 119. I am happy to tell you he survived his punishment.
1 comment:
"Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet" and a bridle unto my tongue. Tolerating disrespect hurts them even more than us. you're a great mom.
Post a Comment