It is a good start to the week - prayerfully, it will continue.
Productive day at work, just as I knew she would be, Judy has found her groove. She is learning. You really can't teach customer service, you just have to do it. Product knowledge and such comes in time - as will names and who does what. Just taking care of ours customers is my goal. I brought home a few things to do for work - trying to stat on top of things.
I cooked a roast and potatoes in the crockpot today - we had that and a salad - it was all so good! Something about coming home to your dinner ready to eat! House smelling good.
I thought mom was going to have a bad night - she sure was showing the signs - so instead of fighting it, I just left her alone - I made sure her mom and duster were handy - and she just started cleaning. She is now dozing on the couch.
I watered flowers - though it looks like it is going to rain. Momma bird laid another egg, I water that plant from afar...she just fusses when I come out. Papa bird keeping an eye out from the safety of the roof.
It was a year ago this week - we moved mom in. One year. Wow. I keep thinking back to how her house was emptied in one night thanks to our church family. What a blessing. I cannot imagine mom living by herself in the stage she is in right now - and there are many Alzheimer/Dementia patients who do. There are so many decisions/choices to make - it is hard when they protest - but we must do what is right. There are many who do not have families to help take care of them. God just opened doors at all the right times.
I have this flower bed in our back yard...well not a flower bed anymore - an eyesore - thanks to Barney and his doings. I want to turn it into a rock garden - but that will have to wait. So I am going to have my tiller...aka SAM....break up the ground clean it up - and throw some wildflower seeds out there and see what happens - it surely cannot look worse than it does now. Barney has really done a number in our back yard. Hmmph. Good think I love him.
Please continue to pray for two friends as they face trouble spots in their marriage. I hurt for them.
1 comment:
Crock pots are some of our best friends! You are enjoying wonderful gifts from the Lord this day--a sense of accomplishment and purpose at work, time with your sister, the joys of a comfortable and inviting home, the beauty of His Creation and the conviction in your heart that you are doing what is right for your family.
Bless you, my friend.
Post a Comment