Friday, June 01, 2007


I am pretty sure this was the snake we found the other day...
In our house....
In our kitchen.
Well, maybe not, maybe it was the size of a worm, but in my mind, a snake is a snake is a snake. And I don't care how much Animal Planet I watch...I don't like snakes. EEEWWW.
We went to the grocery store, we came back with our groceries, and a beautiful watermelon. Yum yum, we couldn't wait to cut it. My daughter carried it in. She was the first to walk in the door, she screamed, I ran in, saw the watermelon on the ground, and saw her pulling out bowls and such. (The bowls she was going to use to catch the snake)She said "snake or lizard thing in the house" Well, my son is excited, I am panicking....all I heard was snake..eeewww.
The snake is in hiding. We try, unsuccessfully, to forget about it.
I am cooking dinner.
He reappears!
I call my daughter. And Jeff Corwin would be proud. One rubbermaid bowl, two lids, a broom, we manage to get the snake, unharmed out the door.
Of course, I needed therapy. And I think I deserve an award for my bravery.
We did not get to eat watermelon, I had to clean up watermelon - it was everywhere! I had just cleaned carpets - it was on the carpet. But hey we caught the snake, I survived to tell the story.
Thank you..Thank you very much.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Say NO to any bloody snakes LOL

x