Organization....Part 3?
Yesterday was my first Saturday "off" in several weeks. I had lofty plans... I had no plans. Just to stay home and work toward my goal in getting my act together and getting things and me more organized.
In this massive cleaning of closets, drawers, shelves, boxes, I know I have enough material for several blogs...so I will have fun with it.
Keep in mind that basically our house is clean - like everyone else- we just have "stuff", excuse me, Junk. Normally I give everything a years rotation, if it is not worn, used, read, picked up in 1 year - it is history.
A few observations.....
4 closets were cleaned out, now I don't eat Doritos in my closet, much less eat them in my shoe box, so why were there Doritos in my shoe box? Just wondering.
My daughter is in 8th grade - so, including Kindergarten and preschool she has had 11 years worth of school supplies. My son is in 2nd. You see where I am going with this? I found a pair of scissors for every year of their school careers. I found 14 pairs of scissors. I am pretty sure Fiskars needs to send me a thank you note for keeping their doors open. Where did I find the scissors? Well, glad you asked, because my friends I am here to tell you. Shoebox, underwear drawer, sock drawer, inside the Monopoly game, under the TV, Inside a pillowcase, medicine chest, make up box, I could keep going. And you know what? Usually no one can find scissors when we need them.
Everyone needs a pair of tweezers, chap stick, glue stick, pack of gum, a tootsie roll and a quarter in their underwear drawer.
My daughter does not match up socks....she like doesn't have any "pairs", she just mixes and goes.
Hot Wheel cars belong in my jewelry box (such as it is)
I am the only mom in the history of the world, that makes her kids clean up on Saturdays. I ruined their lives. Oh, Darn.
No comments:
Post a Comment