Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dear U.S. Army,

My son is 8 years old. If I were to guess, I would say he wants to join your ranks as soon as he is old enough. I also know given the right training, he will work his way up through the ranks.

He loves everything Army. He dreams of serving just like those who have before him.

I am his mother, I don't know if I should encourage this dream. No, let me rephrase that - I don't want to, but I see him so clearly serving. Always have. So encourage I will.

So, I am thinking if you want to go ahead and come over every night and breathe down his neck to get his homework done, please do so. He needs tons of dental work-feel free to take care of that - then you can use his photo and smile on recruiting posters. He is not a master swimmer - we need help on that - his mother does not swim.

Dear U.S. Army, take care of our soldiers, present, past and future. Dear soldiers, thank you for your service and for being role models for my son.

1 comment:

Becky said...

My brother, who is active duty Air Force (14 years this summer) says Thank you for your support of the troops, and you're welcome.