Sunday, May 04, 2014

My Attitude Adjustment and Other thoughts

This week - I sent text messages to both kids, and I was talking to myself also.  We need to be more patient and kinder to mom. She does not know what she is doing, and will not remember correction.

The goal, smile when you approach her, take her hand, and hug her.  I would like to say we had 100 percent success - but we stumbled - but we absolutely saw a difference in mom.  I am not going to lie, it is hard to be hit and kicked and be patient - but my reaction was better, and mom was better.

The kids did better and I am proud. They tend to come to my defense.

Also, Alzheimer's patients have tunnel vision - you cannot talk to them from the left or right - you have to look at them - if you do not - it will just frustrate them - they do not know to turn their head.  They look ahead, looking for a  person. 

I had a break today - Steve sat with mom so I could run to the dollar store, Naifeh's and my therapy place - Sonic. A whole hour and 10 minutes to myself. 

I have tons of laundry to fold, and dishes to put away.  I don't cook on weekends - maybe breakfast - but there is plenty for snack it and eat it.  I have to take something off of me. 

Sam mowed our yard - he used the push mower - but we have to get the riding mower checked out - we need to replace belts and blades.  I have to be honest - I am paying to have our lawn treated - it has helped out tremendously - it is a treat - not a necessity - but considering that I am the one that usually does the yard work - I am doing it for myself.  We have only mowed twice since Spring and we are in May - that is highly unusual.  Next week - I am going to begin working on a rock garden - I know it will take some work - but I want it in the back - and I guess I will slowly add to it.  I just don't have time for flower beds, and such - but I do want to spruce things up.

I ask for prayer for my friend Nancy - as you know she had breast cancer - had surgery to remove both breasts in November - plastic surgery in February - and a few weeks ago she fell - breaking her leg in crucial places that resulted in surgery - 8-10 weeks off from work - and she is beginning painful physical therapy.  She is one of the sweetest ladies you could ever meet.

No comments: