When we arrived...it did not seem or look busy. But we waited. Mom had missed her 4:00 med and was super agitated by the time we were in back. This hateful nurse who saw how mom was acting said "we will have to sedate her, it is mandatory." I looked at her and said "well, no, you have to take precautions when you sedate an Alzheimer's patient and she had hit her head. So, no to the sedation"She said and I'm not kidding, "well I'm not helping with her acting like that." Well, I told her she had not been in there anyway! Hmmph. I made an enemy!
We were there 4 long hellish hours. Sam's friend and his mom picked him up. Mom was wild...we passed the time for another round if medicine. The doctor finally came in...and I let him have it. They did a scan, glued the spot and we had to wait for results. I knew she was fine. A young nurse just on duty saw us and probably heard mom...found her chart noticed all was clear and got us out of there. I could have kissed her.
A few pics from our adventure. Her head looks worse than it was. Sam held the compress all the way there and in waiting room. The big guy was the only one who could calm mom down. Mom was not cooperative with blood pressure check, temperature, etc. she ripped the bandage off after about 5 minutes!
Mom was so hard to handle and only my two children came to help. I am struggling with some deep feelings of aggravation and hurt right now. And even struggling to forgive. Not a call or text from two people who say they care about me..though not mom. I was crushed.
Going to take me awhile to get over it. And not to sure I can.







2 comments:
But "at the end of the day," you will know that you have done everything you could.
Thank you
Post a Comment