Wednesday, June 06, 2012

JUDY AND I

My sister Judy and I have a lot of good memories.  Goodness knows she was there through my darkest hours and did so much with dad.

Back in the day....(don't you love that expression) when there was The Mall of Memphis - we would go and just have the best time. We wouldn't have any money between us.  We would swap up buying stuff.  I remember when she bought me a night gown after I had Tori - I loved that gown.  I remember us buying black shoes that tied - we both loved those shoes. 

We would go Christmas shopping she looking for a McDonald's Play Set for her son Ryan at then Service Merchandise- and we would be in my little Dodge Omni - we somehow pushed it through the mall, got it in the car without Ryan seeing it.  We would go in together and get gifts for dad (he loved the 49ers).

I remember when we discovered Dollar Tree  - it was at the mall - we both spent more at the Dollar Store that day than we did any other store - for some reason we needed all of it.

29 cent hamburgers. Remember the summer McDonald's sold 29 cent hamburgers every Tuesday?  We both babysat - so we would buy enough for lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Judy and her husband Charlie have seen a lot of valleys and gone through so much.  They work hard and are so creative. 



No comments: