I want to take a picture of the old style pencil sharpener my dad put up for me when I was in 5th grade. I wish I had the typewriter mom bought me in 10th grade-I was so proud of it. Who knew two years later computers would totally take over?
I want a couple of seedlings from trees in their back yard.
I want to see my dad working in the garden he planted every year. I want to see his 49er hat hanging in utility room.
I want to taste moms pork chops. I want to have Christmas in the house I grew up with our whole family, a new baby every year, someone with a new car, the men outside throwing football. The little girls playing with dolls in the dining room corner, mom admiring new house shoes, and the baking dish she wanted. Dad placing his gifts on his bed..where he will look over them again and call you the next day to say thank you.
I'm thankful for memories. I'm blessed to have them.
No comments:
Post a Comment