To those people under 20 living with me....
Do you really think it is necessary for me to repeat myself 20 times?
How hard is it to understand....."please fold the laundry" or "go take a bath" or "clean up the bathroom" or "get off the phone and the computer"
If you or anyone else out there figures out why I need to repeat myself over and over and over, please let me know.
2 comments:
I gave up asking LOL....... so they won lmfao
x
Course I can help you with that Becky. It's cause they don't wanna.
But it's probably not deliberate obstinance. It's just that the things that are important to you to get done, are not important to your kids at all.
When something is not important to me, I naturally tend to disregard it. Not only consciously, but unconsciously as well.
When I was a kid, adults would tell me that was no excuse--that if doing so-and-so task wasn't important to me, it was my responsibility to MAKE it important to myself, so that I would do it.
But can that really be done? I don't think so. If I truly believe that mowing the lawn is the least important thing in the world, and I don't see any convincing counterargument that it is important, I can't ignore what I know and force myself to believe something that makes no sense to me. Even if I wanted to do that, I couldn't.
But here's something that worked sometimes for my mom, that you could try. Be very annoying and nagging, to the point where you really get on your kids' nerves, and the only way they can escape this relentless nuisance is to at least make a couple token efforts at doing what you say, until you turn your back. You might already be doing that though.
And by the way I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment