Looking like Christmas......
We are decorated for Christmas. The tree is up, the Nativity is set up in it's usual place, wreaths on the doors, candles out, stockings are hung with care, garland around the mantle, the little village is in a different spot this year - and it is taking some getting used too - and I need to add more snow - which I will pick up some today. I would like to add a couple of Poinsettias to the mix - but we shall see on that.
Every ornament told its' story again - the kids now know each one. My dad's ornament (a 49'er bear) is in middle of the tree.
I pray we don't get lost in the rush, the hustle and forget for one minute the true meaning behind Christmas.
Side note: Yesterday was the first time in 9 years that I did not have to do all the heavy lifting, the climbing of the attic steps - it was nice. Nice having someone here. Nice knowing that this will hopefully be the first of many decorating days.
2 comments:
YOU HAVE YOUR CRIMBO TREE AND DECORATIONS UP ALREADY - ARE YOU BLOODY MAD lol.........crikey....
I LOVE that you have someone special to help....... so love it :) - maybe I will oneday lol ...... nah, Im to much of a challenge lol
x
Mel,
A lot of men love a good challenge.
:)
Post a Comment