Monday, January 11, 2016

Mom



Mom. She  is in the later stages. Sleeps more, but then another day she will keep us entertained. She fired me the other day, I haven't been fired in a long time. She cannot walk..but can kick. She can hold a cup but misses more than she makes it..never stop them from trying. We do have to feed her unless it is finger foods. She loves Nutella.

The other night I checked on her and found her like this. Holding her baby. Look at that pretty skin. Years of Ponds cold cream.

Her absolute favorite blanket.


Her baby. She had really forgot about them, but latched onto this one for sone reason.


Chair exercises. If only her brain could tell her legs to walk. 


Opening a gift at Christmas.


Mom and Tori.


There is no time on this stage, except for Alzheimer's she is healthy. Numbers are perfect. Nurse said mom baffles them, 

We have our home health care with two excellent caregivers, we also have an awesome hospice team. Literally a phone call away. A Chaplin and a  social worker 
Visit once a month. Sometimes twice. There is counseling for family. Nurse twice a week or more if there is a concern. You often hear hospice folks are angels on earth..I agree. 

We just take a moment at a time. 

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Becky, I am so happy to see your post, even though I know there is sadness in the situation. I received an email from you that turned out to be SPAM. Have you had any other problems with this? I also have a companion blog you might like:
www.studylamplight.blogspot.com
So glad to hear from you.