Sunday, January 17, 2016

Let's just rip the pages out of the Bible

A church here in Memphis announced this week they have become enlightened.  I should have know by the first sentence. 

They left the Southern Baptist Association and joined another.  And not that the SBC is the best thing around. 

Steve and I have a hard time.  We have about four gay relatives.  I love them all, and I am sure they understand my stance and beliefs.  But I hesitate to comment, to share anything on the issue. 

This church will now perform marriages for gay couples.  They have gay deacons and teachers. 

I am trying to understand, how they can just completely ignore the Bible, the word that has stood the test of time, never proven wrong and so much more and expect their church to be blessed.  Will their work be in vain?  Is it hypocritical?  Do they just tear out Romans 1?  How do they explain things to the children of the church? 

I hope this does not set a precedent and churches will not be sued for not performing gay marriages.  I am afraid that the gap between the separation of Church and State has narrowed. 

I read a comment on a post about the missionary who was killed today.  I haven't responded yet.  The comment said, that we as Christians should not go to other countries and force our beliefs on others.  To leave people alone.  I am going to say, "Well, we have, just look at the shape America is in."  Seriously, look around.  Some missionaries are coming from other countries to serve here.

 We are not using our voices and our voting finger.  I am not impressed with any GOP candidate.  They forget they are not running against our President.  They need to give us a plan.  We are allowing the Supreme Court to make decisions that go against the very reason our country was formed.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Our nephew attends Yale Divinity School and has been ordained as an Episcopal priest. He is getting married to a woman but has absolutely immersed himself in the gay culture. He wrote an essay called "Jesus in Drag" that was supposed to be about the concept of transubstantiation. I could go and on. He makes fun of everything we believe about the Bible. It's the world today. Ignore the parts of Scripture that might offend you.