Monday, January 11, 2016

Mental Illness

Please please pray.

Steve's oldest son suffers from paranoid schizophrenic. He is getting worse. He is 30. Refuses help and has chosen to live on the street. I wish I could explain how heartbreaking it is. He stayed with us Christmas Eve and Christmas Day..hoping for him to stay longer, he was like a caged animal. He hears voices, calls them demons. Mental illness is real. I have seen him have a conversation to someone beside him,,,he hears and sees..we do not.  But oh so real to him. When you hear of someone saying the voices told me to do it, or there are demons in him, don't scoff, more than likely it is true. Though he should never be out of prison, the Aurora  shooter had schizophrenia. Newtown shooter did too. Lost and forgotten in the system. 

When we were Christmas shopping for him I said "gee what do you buy your homeless son." We just cried. We bought heavy clothes, thick socks, hat and gloves. He will get a job, but will lose it because he will have an episode or talk to the unseen around him. Thanks to mom, that part does not bother me.

His mom, Steve and I are considering having him involuntarily committed. We do not want to...but it may come down to a must.

He looks so much older than thirty..from the elements. I do know he is saved.

Please pray 



1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Oh Becky, I know someone that this happened to years ago, and I have another close friend who has this issue with his some. It is unbelievably difficult. God bless you all. I am so glad that he is saved. NOTHING can separate him from the Lord!