Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Thoughts....

Today was a busy day at work.  I have caught up one emails and such here at home.  It is easy to do once mom is in bed - she doesn't like anything that takes my attention away from her.

When I arrived home - Tori was so sleepy in the recliner - she does work hard and goes to school, plus she fits her socializing in the midst. ha ha.

Melecia had mom looking pretty and smelling good.  We are having some medicine issues, so we are playing around with them to see how we can adjust.  I called the doctor to let them know what we were doing and for any advice they could offer. One of the meds is really beginning to agitate her - she was becoming more aggressive.  It is a guessing game.

After I got home and changed into comfy clothes, mom and I visited my sister, Judy.  We sat outside and talked. Laughed a lot.  We were blessed to have a few sweet clear moments with mom - Judy and I both teared up.  I think I needed to see and just talk to my sister more than I realized. I took mom to McDonald's and bought her a Chicken McNugget Happy Meal - she ate it up and enjoyed the toy.  She also enjoyed the sprite.  I didn't want anything - but I knew she would enjoy.

Sam has been testing all week - TCAP.  Bless his heart - he doesn't test that great.  He is super smart.  He said they seem easier this year - I told him - it is because he is smarter and knows more than he thinks.

I just painted my toenails -something  about doing something frivolous to cheer oneself up - I need and will snap out of my funk. Alzheimer's had be discouraged - and angry. And then there is so much going on - so this is me perking the heck up! 

I hope all had a good day.





1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

YAY! You're a blessing. Something about having or doing something pretty that makes us feel good.