Monday, April 01, 2013

Just Stuff

I was off on Good Friday.  I watched my sister's granddaughter, Abby. She will be seven in a couple weeks.  We baked cupcakes, read books, went to the store, bought a Sonic coke, and painted nails - blue glitter - what else?  Ha ha.  She is soooo cute and soooo sweet.  Tori said she rememberd me doing all those things with her.  That made my day.  The little things and time spent together do matter!

 
WORKING HARD ON CUPCAKES - SHE TOPPED THEM WITH A FLOWER SHAPED COOKIE

WHEW!  AFTER A DAY OF BAKING, SHOPPING AND SUCH - EVERY GIRL NEEDS BLUE GLITTER NAIL POLISH!

 
 
Saturday was pretty quiet - mom didn't feel that great - we hung out at home.  My sister, Pam and my niece, Jennifer came over to bring mom her birthday gift...(mom turned 83 Saturday - she didn't even realize or understand) But she enjoyed the visit and said the sweetest thing to my niece..she took her face in her hands...she said..."I don't know your name, I just know I love you."  Well, heck - we all teared up.   Mom asked for a hamburger - so I took her out - then after she got it - she didn't want it - and threw it at me.  No clue what the trigger was.  She settled early - and the rest of the night was quiet. 
 
Sunday - yes, I know it was  Easter.  I was so depressed.  I missed church more Sunday than I have in a long time.  It was a quiet day over all.  We "snacked" - I gave mom a bath and pampered her.  I painted her toenails - and let me tell you - it is probably the first time in her life her toenails have been red.  But she likes them.  She did smear them a tad - but oh well.
 
 
Mom wants someone (Me or Melecia) to sit by her all the time.  She will hold my hand and go to sleep.
 
Here are our hands...my hand  underneath .....on her lap....
 
 
Steve and I managed to go to a movie Sunday night- we saw GI Joe - mainly because I saw Bruce Willis on the poster - mind you he is in only a couple scenes...but still.  :)  Judy sat with mom so we could go out.  I needed the break.  And I always wonder why we buy popcorn?  It is not like we eat it.  This was the local movie theater not the one near Target - so we paid too much for something we didn't eat. But it was good to get out for just a bit.
 
I did not "big" grocery shop this weekend.  I was determined that we eat everything we already have - and we are just about there.  I am sooooo tired of spending too much money on groceries.  And guess what? We survived!  No one is hungry.  Ha ha!
 
I started cleaning up our yard tonight.  I mowed and pulled weeds by hand.  We are in need of a push mower and a weed eater for the close trimming - the riding mower started right up - I bet it was the fastest I ever mowed. I was losing light - and mom was restless. The yard is no where near where I want it to be - but it looks less like the movie sets of George of the Jungle or Lion King.
 
I ask for prayers...I am somewhat depressed here lately. Okay a lot depressed.  I know it must be the stress of every day life.  I think I cried off and on all weekend.  It would just hit me.  Another prayer request....Steve and I have a three night - four day trip semi-planned in May.  I am looking up stuff now.  Naturally, I am trying to be "cheap."  Gatlinburg.   Judy will stay with mom at night - Melecia during the day. This way her routine won't be too off.   I am so excited.   We need the time away.  I need the time away.  We will leave on a Sunday night and return Wednesday.  I am sooo sooo excited.  The prayer request in this snippet?  For mom to stay "healthy" - for all of us to stay well. For my car to stay in good shape.  For me to find good bargains.... I am telling you I bet I will sleep the first day a lot! 
 
 
Happy Monday!
 
 
 
 
 

 






1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

I love hearing all of your news. Your mom is such an enigma.God is so good to give you the tender moments with her like one captured with your photo. My hubby is from Sevier COUnty, and we lived there for a while when he pastored full time. It will be so pretty when you all are there!