Saturday, August 26, 2017

Healing and Restoration

Healing and restoration has come to our family.  I think.  Maybe I am a tad doubtful about it.  It feels  a tad incomplete, I cannot explain it- but it is better.

Three sisters now talk regularly.  Mom and dad would be proud.  We have gone shopping and shared a meal or two.  Helping to recall lost memories - especially for me being the youngest.  My sisters grew up together, they have memories together and of a younger parents.  Like more than none, our family is not Norman Rockwell.  Our parents far from perfect made mistakes, painful and hurtful mistakes.  I have forgiven them.  I cannot hold onto anger and bitterness.  It takes away from life, doesn't mean I forget.  Because I do not, but I cannot obsess.

Sisters.  We are sisters.  All blonde with help from a bottle , all see with glasses, all caregivers, all love - we are restored.  I am blessed.

No comments: