Dear Son,
You are 19, you know it all. You are loud and messy. You reminded me of my dad, your Pepa, whom I know you would have been close when you pranked me hiding my phone and hugging me so tight it hurt while laughing with a laugh that is only yours. Man you love a good joke.
You have changed course, you plan to join the Army full time. Even, with all that is going on in the world, I know this is the best thing. This is your calling. You are a protector. You stand up for others. You love your country.
I cringe at your vocabulary at times, but you will come into your own. I pray for you as I am trying not to take a skillet and whack you one. When you become a dad , don't be like your mom and yell, love and guide them tenderly. Be the dad you wanted. Be there for them. Money doesn't matter. Time does. You know that. I wouldn't change all the fun times you, me and your sister had on Saturday and nights in our room at Mema's telling stories, watching TV and just talking. I am so glad we had those times. I firmly believe those times have made you sensitive to women and intolerant of those who do not take care of families.
Dear Son - I love you. You are not a baby - you are growing in to a man. I am so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment