I haven't been writing a whole lot of "meat" lately - a lot on my mind.
Mom - this past Friday night, was pure hell. Finally, I had to remind myself to stop reacting and act. She was in her room - there is nothing in there now that can hurt her. She now has a hospital bed, we took out all heavy furniture. This bed is a low 13 inches off the floor - we don't have the HUGE worry of her falling off of the bed.
Back to Friday - the doctor had put mom on a new medicine - it improved her motor skills and walking - however it has made her EXTREMELY violent, agitated and nervous. I took her off of it and have called the doctor.
I was telling Steve this morning -there are days I could drive straight to a nursing home and not look back. But she would not last in one - her doctor and our caseworker said that. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother very much, I just get frustrated at the disease and to be honest HER. Then guilt sets in. And t hen we have we have sweet - funny moments
Mom at Dollar General on Thursday night it helped a lot - I am thinking I should have kept her out little bit longer. She is not made up as much - because we had a substitute that day - and mom refused to allow her to do anything.
She is mad at me here - because I clipped her nails and had her take a bath - she pouted and pouted. Bahahahahahaha
This is her new thing - wearing a blanket like a cape/shaw - I call her Super Mema. As you can see she is playing with her baby dolls.
I thought being a single mom was the hardest thing I have gone through - but now I can say, that by far being a care giver to mom - to an Alzheimer Patient is the hardest thing I have gone through. I am clinging to James Chapter one - considering it pure joy.......
No comments:
Post a Comment