Saturday, July 05, 2014

Guilt and bloody lip

Guilt is weighing me down...we were having a good day. Mom fell against a TV stand - one in the corner. Busted her lip and broke her dentures - and apparently cut her mouth. Now trying to take care of an Alzheimer patient with a mouth injury is a nightmare - thankfully we have a nurse across the street - she helped us - and the doctor called me back and confirmed we were doing everything right. Blood was everywhere.

I don't have a single throw rug, we have a high baby... gate that keeps mom from the kitchen, door knob covers, no chords, literally baby proofed, yet this happened. I feel so guilty. I know it could have happened anywhere - we were in her room folding sheets and making up her bed - she bent down and tipped over. I was in the same room with her for heaven's sake!

I keep checking on her - she tells me to leave her alone. She knows my name when she is half asleep - kind of funny. I am afraid to go to sleep - I just want to sit there and watch her.

The doctor did say take her off blood thinner for about three days and bring her in for a looksee -
Need prayers that the bleeding stops - that we make an adjustment - because I don't see her sitting still for a dentist - and sedation is not an option. I absolutely feel 10 inches tall

My sister Judy brought band aids and such - and mom called us, and please excuse the language - Chicken Bitches.  It made me laugh. 

Whew -

Please pray.

1 comment:

A Candle to Read By said...

Our kids always seemed to get hurt when we were near by--never when they were out of our sight. It's kind of the same principle--you do all you can and it still isn't enough. I think there is a Spiritual lesson in there. Please don't feel guilty.