I am relieved and proud to say, I was not slapped, kicked, bit, hit, etc as much this weekend as those in the past!
Friday - she was pretty much up every hour on the hour after 1:30 - not misbehaving. Just up!
Saturday - she woke up in a pleasant mood - I cleaned her up immediately. She ate breakfast. She was just into everything. She fell four times - thankfully she was not hurt - but she fell trying to do things she shouldn't have. She is much like a two year old - you cannot take your eyes off her for one minute. So, if I take a shower - I must have someone sit in the room with her. She took a nap Saturday, and woke up to visitors in the house - Steve finally gave up his beloved VHS tapes - they were there picking them up - she freaked out - started screaming - was an absolute wreck. Took us forever to get her calmed down.
Sunday - she was a tad moody. She fought taking a bath - so I waited for a bit - and started again - had to redirect her into her room. But in that process she tore up her music box and took out pictures from frames. All that is in a drawer for another day. Finally got her all cleaned up and spiffy - she ate lunch - took a nap and then I had the BRILLIANT idea of taking her to the grocery store with me.
She immediately told them I was trying to kidnap her, she absolutely showed out. I was worn out - and this was just our little local grocery store. Thankfully they know us - so I wasn't arrested. Ha! I then took her to Sonic - bought her favorite - a mini Strawberry milk shake - she asked for napkin - dipped it into her shake and started blotting me with the milk shake - I was so sticky when I got home. I don't know who was more exhausted by the time we did arrive home - but she went to bed and slept all night. Praise the Lord!
I was so stressed - I did my exercise DVD - which is so much fun. But I now have muscles that weren't there the other day - whew. And it did relieve stress. I felt much better after that and a hot shower.
Steve is putting up with a lot - I really thought mom would be past some of the stuff she does - he gets upset when she hits me. So does Sam. They forget she doesn't know what she is doing. And at times, I do too. So now we take a time out from each other - I lead her to her room and I sit in the recliner - no TV's on - just quiet - and that is working. Reaction is key in handling mom. She was never affectionate - now all she wants to do is hug, kiss and touch - and none of us are used to that - it almost freaks us out! She was mean - and she is still mean - and cruel things will come out of her mouth. Like I have said many a time - she is Box of Chocolates mom - you never know what mom you will have until the day begins - or the hour changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment